UGC NET Commerce Syllabus
Topics and Chapters
UNIT – I
- Meaning and Elements of Business Environment.
- Economic environment, Economic Policies, Economic Planning.
- Legal Environment of Business in India, Competition policy, Consumer protection, Environment protection.
- Liberalization Privatisation and globalization, Second generation reforms, Industrial policy, and implementation. Industrial growth and structural changes.
Unit – II
Financial & Management Accounting
Basic Accounting concepts, Capital and Revenue, Financial statements.
Partnership Accounts – Admission, Retirement, Death, Dissolution, and Cash Distribution.
Advanced Company Accounts – Issue, forfeiture, Purchase of Business, Liquidation, Valuation of shares, Amalgamation, Absorption, and Reconstruction, Holding Company Accounts.
Cost and Management Accounting –Ratio Analysis, Funds Flow Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis, Marginal costing, and Break-even analysis, Standard costing, -Budgetary control, Costing for decision-making Responsibility accounting.
Unit – III
- Nature and uses of Business Economics, Concept of Profit and Wealth Maximization. Demand Analysis and Elasticity of Demand, Indifference Curve Analysis, Law.
- Utility Analysis and Laws of Returns and Law of variable proportions.
Cost, Revenue, Price determination in different market situations – Perfect competition, Monopolistic competition, Monopoly, Price discrimination and Oligopoly, Pricing strategies.
Business Statistics & Data Processing
- Data types, Data collection, and analysis, sampling, need, errors, and methods of sampling, Normal distribution, Hypothesis testing, Analysis, and Interpretation of Data.
Correlation and Regression, small sample tests – t-test, F-test, and chi-square test.
Data processing – Elements, Data entry, Data processing, and Computer applications.
Computer Application to Functional Areas – Accounting, Inventory control, Marketing.
Unit – V
- Principles of Management.
- Planning: Objectives, Strategies, Planning process, Decision-making.
- Organizing, Organisational structure, Formal and Informal organizations, Organisational culture.
- Leading: Motivation, Leadership, Committees, Communication.
- Corporate Governance and Business Ethics.
Unit – VI
- The evolution of marketing, Concepts of marketing, Marketing mix, Marketing environment.
- Consumer behavior, Market Segmentation.
- Product decisions
- Pricing decisions
- Distribution decisions
- Promotion decisions
- Marketing planning, Organising, and Control.
Unit – VII
- Capital Structure, Financial and Operating leverage.
- Cost of capital, Capital budgeting.
- Working capital management
- Dividend Policy
Unit – VIII
Human Resources Management
- Concepts, Role, and Functions of Human Resource management.
- Human Resource Planning, Recruitment, and Selection.
- Training and Development, Succession Planning.
- Compensation: Wage and Salary Administration, Incentive and Fringe benefits, Morale, and Productivity.
- Performance Appraisal
- Industrial Relations in India, Health, Safety, Welfare, and Social security, Workers Participation in Management.
Unit – IX
Banking and Financial Institution
- Importance of Banking to Business, Types of Banks and Their Functions, Reserve Bank of India, NABARD and Rural Banking.
- Banking Sector Reform in India, NPA, Capital adequacy norms.
- Development Banking: IDBI, IFCI, SFCs, UTI, SIDBI.
Unit – X
- Theoretical foundations of international business, Balance of Payments.
- International liquidity, International Economic Institutions: IMF, World Bank IFC, IDA, ADB.
- World Trade Organisation-its functions and policies.
- Structure of Indias foreign trade: Composition and direction, EXIM Bank, EXIM Policy of India, Regulation, and promotion of Foreign Trade.